Craft distilled in small batches
Wheatley Vodka is made at Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, Kentucky by Master Distiller Harlen Wheatley. Crafted in small-batches using a one of a kind micro-still, Harlen’s unique wheat recipe is distilled a total of 10 times, triple-filtered and bottled at 82 proof, creating a delicate and balanced profile. This is a vodka that is made to be tasted for what it is, while being able to stand up in a cocktail. Pure and crisp on the nose, with a clean taste and hints of soft vanilla, Wheatley Vodka delivers the kind of exceptional quality and taste you would expect from the world’s most award-winning distillery.
Spiced Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Wheatley Vodka
- 4 1/4 cup (34 oz) fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) fresh squeezed lime juice
3/4 cup (6 oz) spiced simple syrup* (recipe follows)
- 1 cup (8 oz) ginger liqueur
- 10 dashes bitters optional
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cinnamon sticks (roughly 4-inches long)
1 inch ginger peeled and sliced into disks
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 small star anise
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, combine Wheatley Vodka, grapefruit juice, lime juice, spiced simple syrup, ginger liqueur, and bitters. Stir to combine. Cover and keep chilled in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Fill serving glasses with ice. Ladle or pour punch into serving glass. Garnish with lime wedge and cinnamon stick.
Spiced Simple Syrup
- In a medium pot, combine water, sugar, cinnamon sticks, ginger, whole cloves, and star anise. Bring mixture to a boil until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat. Cover pot with lid and let steep for 30 minutes. Strain out spices. Transfer simple syrup to an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use.
Find more recipes for Wheatley Vodka.